The purpose of Grace Ethiopian Evangelical Church (GEEC) is to introduce people to the saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. We are a community of believers drawn by the grace of the Lord to the fellowship of Christ through faith in what Jesus Christ has done on the cross for each one of us. We strive to get deeply rooted in the knowledge of the eternal Word of God and live out God's Word in our lives.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
We are committed to building each other up so that every Christian grows to the likeness of God's Son, Jesus Christ, The bible encourages us to "to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ." Ephesians 4:12-13
As J.I. Packer eloquently puts it:" Fellowship is one of the great words of the New Testament. It denotes something that is vital to a Christian's spiritual health and central to the church's life. The church will flourish and Christians will be strong only when there is fellowship...Fellowship is a spiritual necessity; for God has made us in such a way that our fellowship with Himself is fed by our fellowship with fellow-Christians."
We invite you to join us for worship and fellowship.
Statement of Faith
- in one GOD, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
- that JESUS CHRIST is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the Cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where, at the right hand of the Majesty on high, and He is now our High priest and Advocate,
- that Jesus Christ is the only Mediator between God and human beings,
- that the shed BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God,
- in the personal and imminent COMING of OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST to establish His kingdom; he will raise the dead and judge all human beings; the wicked shall be separated from God's presence, but the righteous shall live with Him forever and that this "BLESSED HOPE" has a vital bearing on the personal life and services of the believer,
- that the HOLY SPIRIT works in the lives of believers with all His gifts,
- that the ministry of the HOLY SPIRIT is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service,
- that MAN was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost and only through regeneration of the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained,
- that the TRUE CHURCH is composed of all such persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head,
- that WATER BAPTISM and the LORD'S SUPPER are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age but they are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation,
- in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to the everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment,
- in the SCRIPTURES, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired word of God, without error on the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.